Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pringles: Loaded Baked Potato!

After our last review of the Pringles brand Mozzarella Stick & Marinara chips I felt a little uneasy trying a new flavor, the Loaded Baked Potato Pringle. However I'm happy to say this flavor, both in concept and execution worked much better.

The packaging was the usual, classic and tubular Pringles shape with a more brown, spud like color reminiscent of the outside of a fresh baked potato. :) The Super Stack feature was still there, with a nice stack of 100 chips. Upon opening this I was treated with the same potato smell, but no surprise there! Flavor wise I set out to see how many ingredients of an actual loaded baked potato I could detect: Butter, sour cream, bacon bits, chives, and possibly cheese. I tried the first one and was met with a nice smoky flavor with a very bacon-y finish, followed by a tinge of sour cream. I still haven't been disappointed by any bacon flavored snack, and this is no exception.

It definitely succeeded in delivering a baked potato like flavor, but not so much every component of a completely loaded spud. Its pretty good, and worth a try. If you liked the Sour Cream and Onion flavor this is pretty reminiscent, but with a bacon twist. Maybe one of you guys will find that elusive chive flavor in your tube! Recommended.

Buy this snack :)