Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hershey Brand Rolo : Chewy Caramels in Milk Chocolate!

I'm a true believer that some of most delectable foods are the simplest ones. With Rolo Chewy Caramels in Milk Chocolate, we have two simple yet yummy ingredients involved: caramel, and milk chocolate. Rolos were introduced by Hershey's almost 40 years ago, and have maintained a steady following ever since.

Rolo's are packaged in a tubular roll, allowing me to pop each piece out. This makes snacking super easy. The roll is covered in smooth gold foil, giving it a rich, fancy feel. It makes me wonder if this is because the treat inside is so good, that it warrants a more luxurious wrap. Maybe? I can see myself eating these while watching a movie, or taking it on the go.

The smooth milk chocolate forms the bitesize cup, the inside is filled with a gooey, chewy caramel. I find the flavor to be very rich, yet not overwhelming. The texture is very smooth, with a melt-in-my-mouth goodness. It also definetly lives up to it's name, it's very, VERY chewy. Though not necessarily the worst food trait possible, but... Some effort will be required to get this treat out of your teeth. That's okay though, the exquisite flavor makes it worth it. A must buy!

~Rachael

Buy this snack! :)