Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Suntory Gokuri Graperfuit Drink!

This beverage definitely proved to me that you should always expect a surprise when randomly choosing between Japanese drinks. This Gokuri drink caught my eye with its nice blue metallic bottle and pleasant grapefruit pic on the front. It was classified as a 'non carbonated soft drink,' so I thought I'd give it a try. The nice thing about these aluminum bottles is how well they chilled. I put it in the freezer for 30 minutes before consuming it to get it really nice and frosty.

Upon opening the bottle I was treated to a really pleasant grapefruit aroma, a fruit that I've really enjoyed drinking in the past in juice form. However, upon drinking I was caught off guard by the texture which was anything but smooth. I stopped drinking and looked down only to realize that it contained pieces of actual grapefruit. The weird thing is hows its labeled as 'fruit fiber' on the back, which led me to question if it was actual fruit or some bizarro facsimile. After realizing that I kept drinking and was able to enjoy it.

This version of Gokuri had a really natural grapefruit flavor minus the overly bitter finish typically associated with the fruit. The pieces of fruit might not be for everyone, but it was interesting to experience mild chewing and drinking at the same time. I can see people who don't like grapefruits bitterness enjoying this happy middle of a beverage.

The packaging and flavors make this a pretty good exotic beverage to seek out. Enjoy the party in your mouth! Come in different flavors too!

Buy this snack :)