Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sahale Sing Buri Cashews!



So lets see here, these were given to me by a coworker on a day that I didn't have enough time to get lunch due to a crunchy schedule that we were on. I had never heard of Sahale snacks but was enticed enough to give these a go.

The packaging in itself was enticing enough to check these out. I was surprised I'd never heard of such a thing but I guess these are also a little hard to find in stores(Whole Foods and Amazon carry them). The mix was called Sing Buri, or looking at the blurb on the back:
  • Sing Buri - Lemongrass, soy glazed cashews, pineapple, peanuts, and sesame seeds lightly dusted with mild chinese chili make up this exceptional, aromatic blend reminiscent of a great Thai dish.
Now that is enticing enough for a go! The bag itself is really upscale and appealing so I opened them up and gave them a shot. Now the thing with cashews is that they are already pretty rich in themselves, so I wasn't sure what to expect with a whole new slathering of toppings on every cashew. I tried them and found them to be pretty good, exceptionally sweet with a mild spiciness to them. The sweet, spicy and salty flavors were all in pretty good harmony. They smelled really good and have an interesting and exotic nature to them, however I could only eat a few every time I picked up the bag due to how incredibly rich the cashews were with all the extra toppings.

I'd recommend these for very light snacking needs, but there's no way I could see anyone eating a bag of these in one sitting. However, these are definitely a great option if you want to upscale from the typical Planters brand blandness.