Friday, November 6, 2009

Gamer Grub: PB&J!


Biosilo Foods was kind enough to send along a couple of their products to us, part of a line called “Gamer Grub”. These are trail mix like snacks that come in resealable pouches, intended to alleviate greasy fingers, as well as keep the snack fresh.  The snacks came in two different flavors; here I am reviewing the PB&J.

First, I will just start by saying one thing: this snack is delicious! It is a mix of peanut butter chips, peanuts, strawberries, jelly nuggets and “sweet bread” chips. The combination is very pleasing, and really does taste like eating a PB&J sandwich, albeit a little sweeter (but not too sweet). The mix of textures is also great, providing a good combination of crunchy and chewy.


The package works well, allowing you to pour the snack into your mouth, and thus, as is claimed, helps avoid greasy fingers and thus greasy game controllers.  I found myself constantly eating this snack, and was worried I would run out before I had a chance to test it out whilst gaming, as this seems to be its recommended use. I went ahead and consumed the final tasty morsels while finishing up Halo 3: ODST. The snack performed well, and certainly kept my taste buds happy while the covenant aliens felt my wrath. Everything went well; and I like to think the yummy snack contributed to my reaching the end credits. Sadly, I received no achievement for finishing the game under the influence of Gamer Grub.

Don’t resist, try this snack out now!

John T. aka Mystery Snacker